Masks, An RPG forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 42 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:07 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Samsara Feast Hall
Morrigan's Grove Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 4:49 pm by Veric

» The Souk
Morrigan's Grove Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 4:18 pm by Veric

» The Front Desk
Morrigan's Grove Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 3:30 pm by Astor of the Paphos

» Fresh Blood Series
Morrigan's Grove Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 3:10 pm by DragonWithTheS

» Fresh Blood Series 1.1: Fortune V Bart
Morrigan's Grove Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 3:07 pm by DragonWithTheS

» The Arkham Inn
Morrigan's Grove Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 11:07 am by DragonWithTheS

» Fresh Blood Series 1.3: Veric V Razzak
Morrigan's Grove Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 12:35 am by DragonWithTheS

» Morrigan's Grove
Morrigan's Grove Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 1:36 pm by Razzak The Unchained

» The Dragon's Board Room
Morrigan's Grove Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 1:17 pm by Aster Hawthorne

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Morrigan's Grove

3 posters

Go down

Morrigan's Grove Empty Morrigan's Grove

Post by Wildlings Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:24 pm

On the far side of the arena lies the Wildling training grounds; Morrigan's Grove. Hundreds of swords, spears, and weapons of unusual make stick out from the ground, forming a field of metal and wood that looks almost like a deadly field of steely grass. Pathways and sparring grounds have been cleared through the weaponry, allowing fighters to pass and spar with a minimum of danger. Rumor has it that each weapon once belonged to a fighter who has died or ascended at the Everclear Arena. Certainly, they are weapons worthy of champions; among the rusting and useless iron enchanted and cursed blades gleam and blaze as fighters draw near.

Morrigan's Grove Unlimited

Near the center of the field Morrigan watches the fighters, occasionally conferring with one of the dozens of ravens that hop around her feet. For every stumble, misstep, or flaw in form a raven attendant is quickly dispatched to reprimand and correct the fighter.
Wildlings
Wildlings
Arena Staff
Arena Staff

Back to top Go down

Morrigan's Grove Empty And then there's this bitch...

Post by Moira Kelly Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:53 pm

Moira stumbled through town, she knew exactly three things now: she was dead, she needed a weapon, and she needed a drink. Bad. It seems that dying didn't cleanse her body's dependence on the sweet nectar of the gods. Pale and dripping with cold sweat she found herself standing at the edge of the training grounds.

It had been a long time since she had gone this long without any sort of alcohol and she found it taking a particularly hard toll on her this time around. Maybe it's time to think about quitting? She thought to herself. But as soon as these thoughts entered her mind, so did the memories of the horrors she's faced over the years. She could feel herself begin to shake uncontrollably, was it fear? More withdrawal symptoms? She told herself it was probably a little bit of both.

She looked out over the training grounds and saw the plethora of weapons scattered around, a pair of warriors clashing in the distance and a woman standing near the center of the grounds. "Mi pa always said, get yerself a weapon, or get yerself killed." She laughed to herself, and fell to the ground. The blackness crept into her mind and gave her momentary relief.
Moira Kelly
Moira Kelly
Arena Rat
Arena Rat

Back to top Go down

Morrigan's Grove Empty Warriors, Assemble!

Post by Wildlings Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:55 am

Two celtic heroes wander the blades, looking for new and interesting weapons to spar with.
"...What are ya talkin; about Egruff? Jorr BearEater was the strongest 'ero! He fucking ATE BEARS!"

"Oh please. Just like ya ta jump on the BearEater bandwagon, Rowan. 's like ya don't even remember 'ol Casey KnifeDick. Now there was a proper hero, out to make Targ proud. After Sobek bit 'is dick, he just- Waittaminute. What's tha?"

Egruff Wuneye pointed at Moira's prone form a short was off, and both heros quickly (but carefully) made their way through the blades to the passed out fighter. They drew close and, without breaking stride, slung her between their shoulders and began to make their way to the Morrigan.

"Reckon she's a new fighter? Or just what wunna those ibex looks like without the head on?"
"Dammit Rowan. Always askin' such foolish sheet. The Ibex look jeest like a person with no head without the head, ain't ya ever seen Ra get at one of 'em?"

With little ceremony the two warriors set Moira in a sitting position up against one of the large shields that surrounded The Morrigan, and silently retreated, picking up their argument a few moments later.

"Now Regal CocksForHands, there was a real fighter..."

The Morrigan approached Moira quietly, her ravens hopping adroitly out of her path. She kneeled down, her red hair falling over her face and over Moira like a cascade of sinuous fire. Her footsteps in the thick, wet dirt filled with blood and a heavy black smoke drifted from the back of her cloak as she reached into her well of power and pushed just a little energy into Moira. The Morrigan softly kissed Moira's forehead, then straightened up to tower over the fading woman. Ravens began to crowd around Moira, standing on sword hilts and The Morrigan's shoulders in order to get a better view.

"Wake up young one. Your battle is not over yet, but you are not far from your reward, and the road is not overly hard."
Wildlings
Wildlings
Arena Staff
Arena Staff

Back to top Go down

Morrigan's Grove Empty Re: Morrigan's Grove

Post by Moira Kelly Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:13 pm

Moira felt the warmth bask over her as her mind army crawled its way back into consciousness. The tremors had subsided for the moment and she could feel the strength returning to her body.

"Oh praise the gods, I'm alive!" She said jovially, and then stopped when she remembered her situation. That's going to take some getting used to. She looked up and found herself at the feet of a beautiful woman. She's hadn't a warmth about her, similar to that of a mother.

"To whom do I owe the honor?" She asked, bringing herself to her feet.
Moira Kelly
Moira Kelly
Arena Rat
Arena Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildlings Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:22 pm

"The Morrigan" said the woman, smiling down at Moira and offering her a hand to help her up.
"I am the leader of the Wildlings. You found your way to the edge of my training field before passing out. No shame; death is a difficult burden for everyone."
The Morrigan looked away from Moira for a moment, her own mortality haunting her. He eyes suddenly seemed very old and her face seemed to age in a moment.
"I assume you found your way here looking for a weapon?"
Wildlings
Wildlings
Arena Staff
Arena Staff

Back to top Go down

Morrigan's Grove Empty Speak with a big stick

Post by Moira Kelly Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:34 pm

Moira graciously took The Morrigan's hand and lifted herself up.
"Aye, I'm quite partial to greatswords if you have any around. I was also hoping to get some supplies for traps. Wood, rope, knives, things of that nature. Also," she paused wetting her lips, "if you have any booze you can spare that'd be greatly appreciated."
Moira Kelly
Moira Kelly
Arena Rat
Arena Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildlings Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:41 pm

"Anything you can find in my grove of blades is yours for the taking, although some of the more... spirited blades will require a little favor to master." The Morrigan fluidly reached behind her as she spoke and pulled a greatsword inscribed with celtic knots and runes from the earth.
"You may be able to scavenge some construction supplies here, or buy them over in The Souk. The crawling gods have a legal grip on the right to sell alcohol, but I would give their bar a miss if you can, and there's no rule against gifts. I'll be watching you, blood of my blood. I hope you use these gifts well."
The Morrigan pulled a heavy flask from a satchel at her hip and handed it Moira, followed by a small coin from Moira's home world, with a triquetra carved on the back.
"If you ever need to brush up on your swordsmanship you are free to do so here, and if you and another fighter want to spar and get an idea for how the dragons will judge you, I am a fair approximation and offer my services for one favor per fighter."
Wildlings
Wildlings
Arena Staff
Arena Staff

Back to top Go down

Morrigan's Grove Empty A sword befitting a warrior.

Post by Moira Kelly Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:12 pm

Moira took the gifts presented to her graciously, "Thank you very much, you are too kind." She held the great sword with one hand, sipping on the flask with the other. She scanned the blade up and down, taking in every scratch and nick with a loving eye. The blade was long and heavy, almost as long as the length of her body, but she was able to handle it with one hand like a short sword. "This will do quite nicely!" She exclaimed, taking a few practice swings in the air. The sword felt good in her hand, cutting through the air with balance and ease. She nodded with approval at her new weapon, then turned her attention to the old coin she was given. She handled the coin, tracing over the intricate symbol with her thumb and smiling, remembering a better time before everything happened to her. She pocketed the coin and turned her attention back to The Morrigan.
"I really can't thank you enough," Moira said, bowing slightly, "I'll take my leave for now and go explore the market for things I can craft. I get the feeling I will be back soon though!"

And with those words she headed off for the Souk with her new sword in hand and flask on her hip.

Morrigan's Grove Mediev10
Moira Kelly
Moira Kelly
Arena Rat
Arena Rat

Back to top Go down

Morrigan's Grove Empty A Lizardman's Challenge

Post by Razzak The Unchained Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:32 pm

Razzak finally awoke, the strange feeling of time and space folding in on him and subsided.

"BBLLLAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Guess not.
He continued to retch for a good thirty seconds, steam rising from where his acidic vomit met the earth, before stopped. After this disgusting ordeal he looked up and beheld the field of weapons before him. This was more to his liking! No abominations, no feelings of insignificance. Perhaps it had all been a fever dream from whatever that bartender had spiked his drink with. He checked himself to ensure that his meager possessions were still present. As he reached into his breeches he found something and pulled it out, the black dowel.

Razzak shivered a bit. It had all been real; the dark corridor, the dead world, the mass of tentacles called the Nyarlathotep. All of it. Razzak slapped himself to get his mind off of these events, stowed the obsidian rod in his breeches, and looked around the field. He needed a good fight, something to make him forget. Once he and his foe were locked in battle everything else would disappear.

Razzak walked the field. It contained swords of all shapes and sizes. Weapons were not Razzak's way. There were no better weapons in this world than your own two fists. He eventually reached an clearing where a group was fighting. Some fought with fists, others with weapons, other with words (the argument eventually devolved into a fist fight). Razzak walked in the middle of all these fights, slammed his fists together, and let out a loud roar.

All of the other fights stopped, their eyes turned to look upon the lizardman that had interrupted them. None stepped forward

"Did I not put forth a proper challenge?", Razzak thought

He dropped his fists and loudly declared:

"What must a warrior do to issue a challege!? I wish to fight!" His red eyes meeting every other being present, waiting for them to strike.
Razzak The Unchained
Razzak The Unchained
Arena Rat
Arena Rat

Bio : Freed Lizardman who yearns for battle. Chains aren't the only things he can break

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildlings Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:48 pm

Moments after the Lizard's challenge echoes across the battlefield a large, boar headed man entered the rough clearing between blades that the scaled berserker stood in. He squared up, hefting a warhammer in his thickly furred hands. His breath steamed in the chilly air. A raven landed on the hilt of a nearby warscythe, and the boar-warrior gave it solemn nod.

Morrigan's Grove Boarman__by_kaylarthetribes-d5f14gv

"I'll let you start stranger, since you're itching for a scrap. Come at me, and The Morrigan's Eyes will be our judge."
Wildlings
Wildlings
Arena Staff
Arena Staff

Back to top Go down

Morrigan's Grove Empty The Fight begins

Post by Razzak The Unchained Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:39 pm

Razzak heard the boar-warrior accept his challenge and smiled. Finally, the time for words had ended. He dashed towards the boar-warrior with surprising speed,closing the distance between them. He crossed his arms in front of his face to block any incoming attack until he was right near the warrior. Then he bent forward and wrapped his arms around the boar-warriors' waist. His hands were barely able to lock together due to the creatures girth but he managed to intertwine his fingers together.

The warrior was heavy. Razzak couldn't move him with just the strength of his arms and hips! If he was going to bring this warrior down, he would need every bit of strength his body possessed. With a roar he every fiber of muscle into moving the boar-warrior. His hips, legs, back, abdomen, and arms all moved in unison to throw the boar-warrior over Razzak's shoulder. The creature, whose size nearly rivaled the massive lizardman, flew though the air for a brief moment before crashing onto the earth with an echoing THUD! The impact caused some of the weapons that littered the field to shake and shift position as they all seems to watch these two titans battled it out.

He did it! The creature's size was no match for Razzak's strenght. But with little time to celebrate Razzak was on the downed boar-warrior. He moved to take advantage of this opportunity and straddled the boar's chest, dropping to hid knees and placing one on each side of the boar's broad chest. Then he began raining blows on the creatures tusked face. One, two, three, four....as the punches kept coming, a wild look appeared in Razzak's eyes. This is where he belonged, this is what he was best at.
Razzak The Unchained
Razzak The Unchained
Arena Rat
Arena Rat

Bio : Freed Lizardman who yearns for battle. Chains aren't the only things he can break

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildlings Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:38 pm

The crow hopped idly from foot to foot as the fight began. He opened his beak, and his eyes briefly flashed the radiant emerald green of The Morrigan. "Your offense is overbearing. 2/5. No points for defense at this time, but your style comes across well. 4/5."

The boar hit the ground with a grunt, expecting the Lizard's collapse and rain of blows. Even so, he was not quite ready for how hard the massive reptile hit. Momentarily dazed by the bodyslam, the boar was powerless to stop the lizard's pistoning fists... at first. He waited until his opponent was pulling back from a blow and simultaneously bucked his hips and swung his head forward. Not rolling out was a risky move, but it would be worth it if his bucking was enough to toss Razzack towards his face, allowing the boar to impale him with one of his heavy bone tusks.
Wildlings
Wildlings
Arena Staff
Arena Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Razzak The Unchained Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:49 pm

He was too into. He wanted too much too fast. To end it in one fell swoop and assert his dominance. These weapon types were all upper body no leg strength. That's what Razzak thought. Then the crow opened its mouth

Your offense is overbearing. 2/5. No points for defense at this time, but your style comes across well. 4/5.

So, a point system? Overbearing offense? What was he doing wrong? These thoughts rattled in his brain and he lost focus. Next thing he knew he was lurching forward!

The damned boar had moved him! His abdomen was hurling towards the boar's tusks. If he took that kind of damage this early, he might as well throw in the towel! He could only think of one thing. He slammed his tail on the ground just to the right of the boar. He couldn't stop moving forward but the counter force was enough to shift his body to the right. Rather than taking all of the tusk center mass, it scraped along the side.

Razzak let out a angry, pained roar. As he continued forward he rolled. The landing was less than graceful. He clutched his side, the gash had begun to bleed. He saved himself a potentially fatal would only to end up with one that could hamper him the rest of the fight.

"Stupid! Stupid! You greedy fool!" he thought.

As he finally got to his feet, still clutching his side he looked a the boar-warrior in a new light.

He was still on the ground, possibly still a little shocked from the bodyslam. Now was the time to capitalize. He took his bloodied hand and rubbed it across his chest, leaving a crimson line on his pale green-yellow under scales. Then he moved to the boar. He made a short leap, shifting his body midair. He moved his arms in a few seconds his elbow would meet the boar's midsection and drive the air from his lungs.

Morrigan's Grove Elbow_10
Razzak The Unchained
Razzak The Unchained
Arena Rat
Arena Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildlings Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:34 am

"3.4.4." qouth the raven, his avian squawk retaining just a touch of The Morrigan's lilting accent.

The boar-man rolled hard to the right, spitting up a little more blood from his pummeling as he did so. The lizards attacks were overt enough to avoid, but the boar did NOT want to get grabbed again. He grabbed his hammer and jumped to hsi feet, reading himself to swing at Razz if he approached again.

"You're tough, I'll grant you that."
Wildlings
Wildlings
Arena Staff
Arena Staff

Back to top Go down

Morrigan's Grove Empty The Final Attack

Post by Razzak The Unchained Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:36 pm

"As are you" Razzak replied as he arose.
"Take pride in knowing that you are the first in a long time to draw blood from me. But this victory will be MINE!" as he said this he began to charge full speed at the boar-warrior.

He continued to move towards the warrior, guard wide open, goading response. As Razzak got within range the boar finally took a swing with his hammer. Razzak had prepared and ducked below the the mighty swing. As he did his entire body pushed forward. He would tackle this boar full force with the entirety of his weight behind the attack. This was it, his last ditch effort to end it here and now!

Morrigan's Grove Spear10
Razzak The Unchained
Razzak The Unchained
Arena Rat
Arena Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum