Masks, An RPG forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 42 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:07 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Samsara Feast Hall
The Front Desk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 4:49 pm by Veric

» The Souk
The Front Desk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 4:18 pm by Veric

» The Front Desk
The Front Desk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 3:30 pm by Astor of the Paphos

» Fresh Blood Series
The Front Desk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 3:10 pm by DragonWithTheS

» Fresh Blood Series 1.1: Fortune V Bart
The Front Desk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 3:07 pm by DragonWithTheS

» The Arkham Inn
The Front Desk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 11:07 am by DragonWithTheS

» Fresh Blood Series 1.3: Veric V Razzak
The Front Desk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 12:35 am by DragonWithTheS

» Morrigan's Grove
The Front Desk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 1:36 pm by Razzak The Unchained

» The Dragon's Board Room
The Front Desk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 1:17 pm by Aster Hawthorne

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The Front Desk

+8
The Rolling Chaos
Aster Hawthorne
Astor of the Paphos
Veric
Razzak The Unchained
Hannah L.
TheSecretary
DragonWithTheS
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Front Desk - Page 3 Empty He is arisen

Post by Astor of the Paphos Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:57 am

Astor stirred in his chair, meekly slapping at the air a bit before starting to slump out of the chair and catching himself with a start. he looked around wide-eye'd, inspecting his environment. The sight was somewhat normal, besides the blood on the floor. The desk read "Dan" and Astor knew at that moment...that he had no idea what was going on.
The young man , rather wobbly, got to his feat and, looking rather pale, he trudged up to the desk and spoke "where am I? and where can I get some food?"
The lack of spatial awareness was something that Astor very rarely felt, and it made him uneasy, stirring him on with adrenaline. After the beating at the hands of the reaper and how expertly he exhausted himself trying to shift away, he was likely only kept up by adrenaline, bandages, and a good deal of hope.
Astor of the Paphos
Astor of the Paphos
Arena Rat
Arena Rat

Bio : A Naive young man who ,through no fault of his own, can warp reality in various ways.

Back to top Go down

The Front Desk - Page 3 Empty Re: The Front Desk

Post by TheSecretary Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:26 pm

Dan glanced up from his desk when Astor began to stir, pleased that he could finally get on with the rest of his work day.

"You're in the Everclear arena. You have died, and when your soul was reaped, it was brought here to have a second chance at finding an afterlife."

Dan shuffled some things about on his desk, flipping a few pages back in his tome and preparing a pen. "You will fight in the arena for the glory and fondness of the various gods that live on this plane of reality. Should one of them take a shine to you, you'll be granted entry to their glorious afterlife."

He motioned Astor toward the desk, paperwork already turned toward the young man for ease of reading. "But before you can do that, or make your way to the cafeteria for a meal," Dan paused to smile wryly, "You must read over this paperwork and verify that the information here is correct. Once you sign, you may collect a map and be on your way."
TheSecretary
TheSecretary
Arena Staff
Arena Staff

Bio : Dan is an average man with an average family and an average career. The fact that he uses an interdimensional portal disguised as a lawn gnome to commute to work every day is irrelevant. He enjoys working for Shib and Nib and likes to keep the Arena in tip-top clerical condition.

Back to top Go down

Post by Astor of the Paphos Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:23 pm

The man dressed behind the desk dressed in an odd manor to Astor, but his outfit seemed to emit an air of authority. The plate at the front of his desk made no sense to him, it obviously had script on it of some sort, but it was not of any language Astor knew. In a rather off-putting fashion, the script shifted in his mind to read "Dan" and at once he understood, and yet at the same time he understood even less about this place.

"That was...concise." he said. "Thank you, lord...Dan. I'm so very thankful to be given a second chance at life, but... I'm not much of a warrior. why me?"
"And seriously, lets just say I have a blood sugar problem, you wouldn't happen to have any food on you? a snack maybe? I can pay you, I have coins" He adds as he drops 3 cobalt colored coins on the desk atop the document.
Astor of the Paphos
Astor of the Paphos
Arena Rat
Arena Rat

Bio : A Naive young man who ,through no fault of his own, can warp reality in various ways.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSecretary Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:13 am

Dan squinted for a moment at the coins, unsure what kind of currency they were supposed to be and baffled by their color. It wasn't often that souls wandered in and offered to pay him for things.

"That's not necessary," he eventually said, opening one of his drawers and rummaging for a moment before pulling out a granola bar and sliding it toward Astor. "Wouldn't want you taking another trip into unconsciousness."

Dan realized maybe a moment too late that the crinkly plastic packaging would probably be foreign and strange to Astor, but he wasn't going to unwrap the man's food for him so he'd have to endeavor through it on his own.

"The reapers aren't typically chatty enough to explain their choices, though sometimes I'd really like them to."
TheSecretary
TheSecretary
Arena Staff
Arena Staff

Bio : Dan is an average man with an average family and an average career. The fact that he uses an interdimensional portal disguised as a lawn gnome to commute to work every day is irrelevant. He enjoys working for Shib and Nib and likes to keep the Arena in tip-top clerical condition.

Back to top Go down

Post by Astor of the Paphos Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:00 pm

Astor picks up the packaged food-stuff with a dubious grip and eye's it for a brief second before biting into the bar with a little too much eagerness. Watching the display, it was obvious that Astor did eat some of the plastic wrapper, but quickly found the sweet prize inside and intuitively took it to be the main event of the snack.
"It's a start, I thank you lord Dan, I will do my best to overcome your paperwork"
He read the paper and the script made odd sense to him, and he saw many details about himself. It was all true, and it lent credence to the parts about himself that he didn't even realize about himself.

Cause of death:... He scribbled his mark at the bottom of the page. with a rushed hand.

"you said something about a map?"
Astor of the Paphos
Astor of the Paphos
Arena Rat
Arena Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSecretary Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:52 am

The corner of Dan's mouth twitched up as he watched Astor tear into a bit of the wrapper. The spectacle was well worth a portion of his lunch.

"Yes. There should be a map for you near the door as you're on your way out. Best of luck to you, Astor of the Paphos."

He gestured toward the lobby doors, and then at the last map that lingered helpfully on a side table.
TheSecretary
TheSecretary
Arena Staff
Arena Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Astor of the Paphos Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:30 pm

Astor unceremoniously strides towards the door grasping for the map and unfolding it. He views the shifting script and incomprehensible geometry of the map for a short moment before it becomes clear. His target was in sight, and he would find it. Determination griped him as he pushed through the door, and off to the FEAST HALL!
Astor of the Paphos
Astor of the Paphos
Arena Rat
Arena Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum